What are behavioral disorders? They are when a pattern of disruptive behaviors lasts for at least 6 months and causes issues at work, school, and in social situations.
Behavioral disorders are often broken into categories of anxiety disorders, disruptive behavioral disorders, dissociative disorders, pervasive development disorders, and emotional disorders.
Recognizing Behavioral Disorder Symptoms
Symptoms of behavioral disorders can be present in children and adults with symptoms varying with each person.
- Social withdrawal and isolation
- Difficulty handling frustration
- Damaging or destroying property
- Changes in appetite
- Drastic changes in personality or behavior
- Easily annoyed or nervous
- Neglecting personal hygiene
- Frequent outbursts of emotions
Types of Behavior Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Conduct Disorder
May is mental and behavioral health awareness month. If you or someone you know is struggling with behavioral disorders symptoms we would love to start the conversation with you here at Rise Counseling and Diagnostics. Contact us today at 501-891-5492 to get started.